Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Walk For World Pink



ATTENTION !!! THESE ARE NOT COUPLE T-SHIRTS !!!

Yup !!! We went to this event. Organized by Estee Lauder and some very famous brands. =) It's a breast cancer awareness thingy. The theme is, of course, pink. And the T-shirts are given, that's why all of us were wearing it.

Date : 3rd October 2009
Time : 5:30 p.m.
Venue : KL tower
Walk Distance : 3.9 km
Fees : RM30 (not inclusive of RM3 processing fees if paid online)
Objective : To raise breast cancer awareness
Reasons to invest RM30 : free T-shirt, goodie bag worth RM100, all-you-can-eat cereal + milk and milo... Wakakakakakaka...

YES !!! 3.9 km !!! We were supposed to walk 3.9 km around KL tower.


While waiting for the walk to start...

Notice my stiffness/numbness when taking pictures...

A sea of pink...

Yes, we learnt how to check for breast cancer...

Even Mix fm was there. They were distributing Estee Lauder perfume samples. I got one !!!

Who is this Mix fm deejay ???
The walk is about to start...
Are you ready ???!!!
Get, set, GO !!!

Pink people, rush forward !!!

On our way we passed by Hard Rock Hotel. Even Hard Rock is promoting breast cancer awareness. So cute !!!
Finally finished the loooooooooong walk... The sky was already dark...
Wanna go Luna Bar (on the roof of Pan Global building) !!!
Illuminated KL tower...
We've got goodie bags as reward for finishing the walk. I've got this Estee Lauder night essence thingy for preventing aging. I guess I should start now. *scared* I checked online and it's worth RM100.
Mr. Chin got this. And of course he doesn't need them so they're mine.

We finished the walk at about 7:50 p.m. There was a lucky draw at about 8:30 p.m. but because Manyee wanted to go back to Seremban so she can't stay too late. So all of us walked with her back to her car and initially we planned to go back for the lucky draw. But tiredness and hunger got better hold of us so we decided to go to KLCC for dinner instead. HAHA !!!

And then today, an amazing thing happened !!! I got a call from Estee Lauder and they told me I won a lucky draw that day !!! I was so surprised. I mean, if they don't get anyone onstage to claim the prize wouldn't they just re-draw it? Well I guess in this case they didn't. And they asked me to go claim the prize. It's a hamper from Sean John (forgive my ignorance but what brand is that?) worth RM500. But because I was to claim it from the Estee Lauder office so they're only available on weekdays office hour. Am wondering what should I do. Probably will go on 16th October since my company is giving that day off due to Deepavali celebration. Yeay!!! So lucky right? =)

Total investment : RM33 + RM33 = RM66
Goodie bag : RM100 + RM100 = RM200
Perfume sample : RM20 (approximately)
Lucky draw : RM500
Having to spend quality time with good friends : priceless


12 comments:

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

Certainly a worthy cause to support :)

thE gEOgrAphicAlly blind said...

=) agree...

knitfreak-to-be said...

good for you, investment paid by more tenfold ;)

thE gEOgrAphicAlly blind said...

totally =)

lee jie said...

oh yeah..Rm 500 really nice to invest.

Jean said...

You're so lucky!
I was there too, totally had fun!
I got two Origins goodies bag..>.<
I wish I got one of the Estee Lauder one..

my post:
http://mystyl3mylif3.blogspot.com/2009/10/walk-for-world-pink-menara-kuala-lumpur.html

thE gEOgrAphicAlly blind said...

lee jie, u're being sarcastic or what... =.=|||

jean, ya i saw your post and left comment too... i like your blog =) especially the layout...

Wendy Pua said...

u r so lucky oo :)

thE gEOgrAphicAlly blind said...

wendy, ya lor =)

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

I read Star paper today - U r one of the accepted 240 entries of 400- another 140 was knocked out

thE gEOgrAphicAlly blind said...

huh? i also saw...
but how u know my post was short listed?
i mean, how u know it's not one of the knocked out ones?

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

eH...I guess since they allow one to vote - you should be in kua?