Monday, April 8, 2013

Kyoto - 中村藤吉 Green Tea Ice-Cream

Note: After procrastinating for more than 4 months, I finally have enough motivation to start to blog again (hopefully). The motivation came from my colleague, who asked me for help to plan his trip to Kyoto. As I struggle to recall the name of the train I took from Kyoto to Osaka, I told him it has been a year and I've forgotten the details, only to realize immediately that only 4 months had passed. If I don't write now, I'm going to forget everything! I couldn't take the pressure and panicked. But you don't have to write everything, Mr. Chin said, just write whatever you like. So I took his advice, and here goes.

This is something one must eat in Kyoto station - Nakamura Tokichi Honten 中村藤吉 is the name of the shop.

Located on the 2nd floor in Kyoto station.

 This is a must-eat - green tea ice cream topped with fresh red bean and some unknown flour-like balls.

 

Satisfaction.

This was 350 yen (approx. RM11) which was almost the price of a Haagen Dazs. I had Haagen Dazs green tea ice cream once but I thought it was no match for this. This was the soft and creamy type and Haagen Dazs was the hard frozen type. And besides, red bean is the soul mate of green tea flavour. It brings out the taste of green tea yet suppresses its bitterness - perfect! It still makes me drool merely by looking at the pictures!

5 comments:

confessions of a medical student said...

yeay! everyone's blogging again!! hope we can keep this up =P
the ice cream looked yummy...
so jealous you travelled to japan, twice!
you should blog about your whole trip..
hell, blog even about the proposal...
so that, like 20 years later, you can read back those details and reminisce...
:)

thE gEOgrAphicAlly blind said...

Yeah I should! I suddenly have so much to blog about! Hope I can keep this up. It's been decade since I last blogged.

confessions of a medical student said...

wow, so fast another blog post..(refering to the wedding shots) i should keep up...

p/s: now blogspot has a new thing which allows one to reply to a comment, i like it

David Batista said...

Glad to see you back and blogging again, SL! :) Never had green tea ice cream before, but you're right: the red bean does seem to go very well with green tea flavor. Great pics, too!

thE gEOgrAphicAlly blind said...

Yeah... *sighz* I missed Kyoto...