Sunday, December 10, 2023

The Runaway Cat

Ogre-mi ran away once. We confined him in a room when we were staying in a rented house. That time he was in good health, gained some weight (fat) after his dental and maggot issues. He learned to open the window himself. He's a really, really smart cat. 

So one day I was back from work and I found the window opened and he was not in his room. I was furious. I went out to search for him for a while but didn't find him. That time I still wasn't too attached to him. And I thought, okay if he wants to run away, so be it. 

He came back the next day, with the same injury on his left arm - a bloody, large cavity hole. Frustrated as we were, we still brought him to see the vet, again. And nurse him back to health, again. He had to wear the cone of shame for the whole time. He hated it but he still tolerated it. Just like how he tolerated my excessive kissing and touching and hugging.

That was the only one time he successfully escaped.

No comments: