Friday, December 1, 2023

The Tabby

Ogre-mi is what we call the 貍花貓, the most commonly seen type of cat in the stray market. You see his kind almost everywhere. They are so common that they are the least adopted type, other than black cats. But they are the sweetest.

Ogre-mi has a on/off button on his back. Probably a result of fights for survival on the street. He also has a patch near his left arm that didn't grow fur anymore. That was a result from a very deep wound he had when we found him. 

And of course his crooked, protruding teeth and his slightly deformed chin, which we could only imagine what he had gone through. Feeder named him after his signature teeth, looking like an ogre.

Sometime he'd look at us with a "confused", "stupid" look on his face. And that always cracked us up. That expression is priceless and only Ogre-mi has that. But he's not "stupid" - far from that. He is the smartest cat of the four. He feels and understands human emotions - he knows when we're angry or upset, and he knows when we love him. I would kiss him, touch his back excessively, bury my face into his back, and he would tolerate all these even though I could tell he didn't like it. He would tolerate me doing these things because he knows these are the act of love.

His favourite though, is sitting on Feeder's lap. And he loves it when Feeder brush his fur. He'd close his eyes and enjoy the process. Sometimes he'd bury his face into Feeder's arm, for a long long time. He really loves us. And we love him a lot too. 

I just really, really miss him. And I wish he is here. I wish to see him again.

I would attach a photo here of him on Feeder's lap. But I'm so afraid to look through his photos right now. I will do it when I'm ready.

No comments: