Monday, December 28, 2009

The Worst Christmas

I've had, by far, the worst Christmas this year.

On Christmas Eve everything was still fine. I was not hungry in the morning so I skipped breakfast. Then I happily went shopping with my sister. Bought a pair of pants and a nice top. I was still not hungry in the afternoon but I managed to force half a bowl of rice down my stomach. And at night I had dinner, the usual amount of rice and dishes. I was looking forward to the Christmas dinner I was planning to have with my coursemates back in university. I even picked out what to wear.

At night before I went to sleep I could feel something was not right with my stomach. I thought it'd be back to normal the next morning, but it didn't. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling the urge to vomit. So I did. I vomited three times before I went to see the doctor in a 24 hour clinic near my house. He gave me some anti-vomit tablets and medicine for gastric. But those didn't help because before the tablets could be digested in my system I'd already vomit them out. So when I went to see the doctor again, he gave me an injection to stop my vomit. At 5 a.m. I finally managed to get some sleep. Well that's not the worst still.

The next day I woke up at 2 p.m. and the first news that greeted me was, my friends wanted to cancel the Christmas dinner. Reason being that they didn't want to have Italian food. They were suggesting that we go for Balinese food instead. I didn't mind that they want to change place but why last minute? I was the one to organize and call them one-by-one to confirm and then book a table in the restaurant. It's not hard work and neither is it time-consuming but still they could have informed me earlier, couldn't they? So I told them don't expect that I'd organize anything for them again and to go ahead with their plans and then I'd think whether I would attend. Then I spent my whole day feeling discomfort from my gastric pain.

I later found out that they indeed went to have Balinese food, without inviting Zilin and me. I don't know if Zilin had told them off knowing that I wouldn't be able to attend. But it still broke my heart.

The next day I was supposed to go to Seremban and meet up with my high school friends but I couldn't make it as I was still feeling uncomfortable.

So there goes my long weekend.

Christmas present = 0
Christmas gathering = 0
Christmas joy = N/A

3 comments:

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

Oops sorry to hear the above...

Aisay, despite all the plans tak jadi & seemingly gloomy christmas, *****'s (password required to mention the name) still around with you & got something for yourself, right?

That got to count for something, yeah? So cheers again

thE gEOgrAphicAlly blind said...

siGh...

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

Worst had passed & on this new year eve just wishing you & the "forbidden to mention name" a happy & better new year for 2010!! :P