Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Wind Rises - The Review

Le vent se lève! ... il faut tenter de vivre!
~ Paul Valéry ~


*SPOILERS ALERT*

It's a story of a man who put his aviation dream in the first place, and the love of his life the second. At least, that's how I interpret it.

Jiro Horikoshi was a aircraft designer who created the Mitsubishi A5M, to be used in the war - a war which he strongly opposed to. None of the aircraft survived. 


Knowing that his dream and career were always more important, his wife still support him nonetheless. She chose to leave him so she could die alone from tuberculosis, which was incurable.

I guess it's supposed to be inspiring. But to me, it is just damn sad. It may looks like he had accomplished a lot, and that he succeed in his dream. But I feel otherwise.

Below is a trailer of the movie, with the soundtrack that I really like.





No comments: